When you’re getting ready to make a large investment in your personal life, like purchasing a home, the first thing you would likely do is research. Research what’s best in the market. Research reviews. Even research tips and tricks others have learned along the way. The same should hold true when you are preparing for a new technology platform.
We asked our Workday experts to share the top 10 things organizations should consider as you research and prepare for your Workday deployment.
Workday deployment considerations:
- Establish a governance change board
- Engage business and regional stakeholders early in the process
- Understand your data from a functional perspective
- Know your current-state processes in addition to statutory and security requirements
- Set objective design goals (i.e., deliver “process consistency” versus “remove pain points”)
- Harmonize what you can (i.e., jobs, compensation programs, definition of service dates)
- Leverage integration frameworks to create consistency and reduce maintenance
- Provide targeted training and job aids to the user population
- Have dedicated staff and consistent resources
- Have a clearly defined plan to incorporate Workday updates
Ready to see how your human resource and finance teams should be preparing? Here's some additional resources:
Top 10 considerations for Workday deployment
Change management checklist for Workday deployment