What is people analytics?
Gartner defines people analytics as the collection and application of talent data to improve critical talent and business outcomes. People analytics enable HR leaders to develop data-driven insights. These insights inform talent decisions, improve workforce processes and promote positive employee experience.
When done right, effective people analytics can lead your team to:
- Make better hiring decisions by predicting candidate success
- Prevent talent from leaving by predicting employee turnover
- Test which employee policies are effective — and which are not
- Identify and quantify work accident risk
- Analyze future workforce need
- Optimize the employee experience
- Link HR actions to business outcomes
As powerful as people analytics can be, it takes up-to-date employee data, the right analytical technology and buy-in from employees and leadership, to make understanding workforce trends a priority. Limited resources, an inability to manage employee data and outdated technology, push many organizations to involve a third party to conduct people analytics. This can be costly and, without a true understanding of the unique way your business operates, ineffective in identifying the underlying reasons for trends in your workforce.
What is Workday People Analytics?
Workday’s new augmented analytics functionality helps your HR team make better people decisions, faster. Workday People Analytics identifies prioritized insights in the form of key metrics, providing the user with the underlying drivers to workforce trends so organizational leaders can easily understand and act. Workday customers can now deliver personalized insights according to role-based security settings, dig deep with drag-and-drop visual data discovery, and view data in real-time.
Analytical understanding for all
You don’t have to be a data wizard to use Workday People Analytics. Each insight is paired with a story explained through natural language generation that helps you and your business leaders make better sense of the data presented. This helps you to:
- Pinpoint where trends are occurring within your organization and identify underlying drivers in categories, such as location or job profile
- Understand insights placed in context with historical trends (quarter over quarter, for example) to better assess significance
Made to automate
Analyzing mass quantities of data looking for trends can strain your resources, making it harder to generate valuable insights and easier to miss growth-driving trends. Because Workday People Analytics was designed to automate repetitive, manual data analysis tasks, your team gets time back to perform more strategic work, including:
- Custom analysis
- Communicating recommendations to business leadership
- Working with stakeholders to drive informed decision-making