Phase two: Outsourcing payroll
There were several objectives set by Sodexo:
- Reduce the total cost of salary slip production.
- Standardize the calculation rules.
- Implement the “organization management” module.
- Add a decentralized time registration module for the 3,000 sites across France.
- Integrate the HR/payroll systems between the various countries.
Transforming Sodexo’s payroll
Sodexo found itself at a crossroads with its payroll: to continue developing and maintaining its HR/payroll applications internally, or outsource payroll processing and change management to a model already in use with specific employee groups (China, Asia-PAC, etc.) They ultimately decided to outsource with Alight (legacy NGA HR) for its rapid ROI and straightforward quantification. The results have simplified payroll processes for Sodexo as they transferred their data and systems to Alight’s external platform. Routine, time-consuming tasks were delegated to the Alight team, freeing up time for Sodexo employees to focus on more value-added work.
Sodexo also observed additional benefits after implementing Alight’s HR solutions, including:
- Significantly reduced total cost, per salary slip.
- Substantial gains on shared SAP technical environments.